"Nature Speaks. Sense Of Our Existence"
Saturday, February 11, 2012
Friday, February 10, 2012
DAMYAN29's Artistic Photography Entries for the "This Was - This Is" Contest 2012, Budapest, Hungary
- ARTISTIC PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST "This Was. This Is." 2012. "Label your past, mark your present!" DAMYAN29's 5 entries. SEE THE IMAGES ABOVE.
- THEME OF THE CONTEST: What part does the past play in our present? "This was. This is." aims to incite reflection on the importance of things and ideas considered "historical" within our lives in the Europe of 2011. People from different backgrounds are encouraged to ponder the meaning of "history" and engage in a lively international dialogue on conceptions of the past and present.
- The project calls for participants to designate things, buildings, ideas, etc. from their everyday lives as "this was" or "this is", take a picture and post it on this website. The users of the website can either take part actively and upload photos, or they can just rate, flag and comment on other contributions. We are interested in the opinion of the generation that experienced the changes after 1989, as well as the generation born after the regime change, as they have different perspectives on "Old Europe" as well as their local, national, and regional history.
- "This was. This is." is designed as a project that will allow for maximum democratic involvement, enabling participants to find their own approaches and answers – be they biographically inspired or dealing with the complex issues of greater historical narratives. Thus there is no jury decision about the best contributions, but the Users decide together about the winners! The project aims to show that history can be the object of dialogue and lead to a mutual understanding instead of causing tension and conflict.
- We want to incite discussion and enable a young European audience to understand different views on the past and present as shareable and debatable.
- Please feel free to share your ideas, thoughts, tastes & express your opinion on Damyan29's artistic photography.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Arvo Paert's (Estonian contemporary composer) music, to say the least, is mesmerizing . A video montage & graphic design inspired by Arvo's incredible composition "Fratres" interpreted by The Kronos Quartet, presented by Damyan 29. Year: 2011
Feel free to let yourself express your feelings, thoughts, ideas. thank you for your time & attention. Damyan29
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Posted by Damyan TwoNine at 5:55 AM
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Thursday, October 7, 2010
To see more portraits please watch the presentation on Youtube: Damyan's Portrait Art.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
I also used 2 titans that flank the composition on both sides on decorative nouveau frame as symbols of strength, protection, durability drawn from a neo-renaissance style facade of one of the beautiful buildings in the "Vynohrady" (grapes) district in Prague. I present the full colour and a tinted black-and-white variation of the painting.
"Narcissus with a Peacock" 2009. Neo-Nouveau
Medium: Mixed Medium, Watercolour, coloured pens, coloured inks on Art paper.
Dimensions: 420 x 550 mm
Place of Creation: Prague, Czech Republic
Availability: Original Available; LTD Signed Reproductions.
"Narcissus" by Benczúr Gyula. (1881)
Another great example of Narcissus painted by a hungarian artist Benczúr Gyula (1844-1920).
Saturday, June 5, 2010
I've always adored this material.
Posted by Damyan TwoNine at 6:21 PM
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Saturday, April 17, 2010
"Gaudi's Caprice" Photography. 2010
"Benedictine Aspiration" Photography. 2008
"Momento Mori" Photography. 2008
"Twenty Four Palm Leafs and a Red Car" Photography. 2010
"Cihtog" Photography. 2010
"Swallen Laws. Together But Apart" Photography. 2010
"Incandescent Dolphins" Photography. 2009
"Holy, Holy, Holy INRI" Photography. 2007
"Perpetual Permutations...?" Photography. 2009
"A Glimpse of a Game called "Geniality"" Photography. 2008
"A Parabola of Life" Photography. 2009
"149.597.890.000" Photography. 2010
"149.597.890.000" Detail. Photography. 2010
Monday, March 1, 2010
I was always fond of numbers and their magic. Numerology presents to me a unusual science
which in one or another way, as I see it, reflects the structure of the universe we live in, by counting the objects and measuring phenomena around us.
"Sagrada Familia"/"The Holy Family" Facade of Jesus' Passions. Fragment of a Bronze Plaque. (Barcelona, Spain)
Once I came across a interesting numerologic exercise to see what number domines me or my life. So the scheme was simple to sum the numbers of your birthday... As numerology is one of most symbolistic sciences of all which use number, i realised the number of my life is 33 (summing all the unique numbers in my birth date = 33).
I did a bit of research and understood my hidden connection with certain people, objects, dates through just analysing the numbers and have discovered even more when reserched in depth the symbolism of number 33. Also i came upon another interesting fact, that most of people born with the Karmic Number 33, were mostly born closer to the end of each century... Also if we analyse history we can see that many of the people : the geniuses and tyrans were born in the end of a certain century.. just a few last decades. If you want to find out your potential Karmic number just follow : for exemple you were born on 21 december 1978 = the calculation is : 2+1 +1+2+ 1+9+7+8 = 31.
The Sagrada Família Magic Square
Josep Subirachs was one of the leading sculptors of the XXth century in Barcelona. The Passion façade of the Sagrada Família church in Barcelona, designed by him, features a 4×4 magic square: The magic constant of the square is 33, the age of Jesus at the time of the Passion. Structurally, it is very similar to the Melancholia magic square, but it has had the numbers in four of the cells reduced by 1.
Fragment of the Expiatory Temple of Sagrada Familia ; Juda betraying Jesus by kissing him and The Magic Square summing 33 in almost 33 combinations. (Barcelona, Spain)
- The Christ in the Gospels accomplishes 33 miracles of which 24 were cures.
- According to the law of Moses, Number of days following the circumcision of the foreskin of the child where the mother had to purify her blood. She did not have to touch nothing of sacred and not to go to the sanctuary until 33 days have been passed. (Lv 12,4-8)
- King David reigned 33 years to Jerusalem. (1 Ch 3,4)
- There are 33 doctors of the Church, or theologians, to which the Roman Catholic Church recognizes a particular authority of witnesses of the doctrine. The list of the 32 last is given in "Theo, New catholic encyclopedia", Droquet and Ardant, Fayard, 1989, p. 23. There are thirty men and three women.
- The thirty-third year of a person, it is the perfect age, that of the full development, according to Mary Agreda.
- It is at this age that Jesus-Christ was crucified (lived 33 years).
- Saint Joseph was also 33 years old when he took for wife the Virgin Mary, according to visions of Mary Agreda.
- According to some authors, it is the age that will have the Antichrist at the time of his advent.
- The 33 litany of angels.
- The Basilica of saint Peter in Rome counts 33 chapels: 29 in the Basilica itself and 4 of more in the crypt.
- The Hebraic tradition distinguishes 32 ways of the Wisdom to which it adds "Ain Soph" or the unknowable one.
- The 33 divinities, divided into three classes, invoked in the songs of the Rig-Veda.
- The Zen books represent us the genius solar surrounded by 33 atmospheric gods.
- After a fast of 40 days, Buddha left the desert to go to exert his apostolate and he was followed by 33 princes of spirits to which he gave the sacred instruments that are used by the musicians in the pagodas.
- A legend wants also that 33 "Arhats" spread Buddhism.
- In his "Divine Comedy", Dante attributed 33 songs to the Purgatory and 33 songs to the Sky.
- The 33 ranks (or degrees of initiation) of the Masonic hierarchy, divisible in 3 series of 11.
- And 33 members compose the Council of the Order of the Great Orient of France.
- 33 - Number of days of the "intellectual" cycle in the biorhythm.
- The United Nations logo represents a terrestrial globe divided in 33 fragments.
- Total number of vertebrae of the spinal column of the human body, in which pass 33 pairs of nervous groups.
- The number 33 is used 6 times in the Bible.
- The words "cross" and "devil" are used 33 times in the New Testament and the word "sickness", 33 times in the Old Testament.
- The words "miracle" and the verb "to blaspheme" are used 33 times in the Bible.
- The Bible contains totally : 66 books (33 + 33)
The Scheme in the temple of Sagrada Familia in Barcelona (Catalonia region, Spain) explaining the combinations of highlighted in red numbers summing 33. The right bottom corner containing the Magic Square thats sums "33" in all directions and senses.
Some famous people (very few by the way) having the number 33 as the potential symbolic (Karmic way of a Saviour, aslo symbolising the TRUTH) number in their birth date:
- Albert Einstein (German Physicist) = March 14, 1879 = 1+4+0+3+1+8+7+9 = 33
- Alla Pugacheva (Russian Artist, Singer) = April 15, 1949 = 1+5+0+4+1+9+4+9 = 33
- Rafael Nadal (Spanish Tennis Player) = June 3, 1986 = 0+3+0+6+1+9+8+6 = 33
Posted by Damyan TwoNine at 6:01 PM
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Posted by Damyan TwoNine at 9:41 AM